Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reference problem / advice

Hi All

I have a job interview on Friday with a time constrained test which can
be on any aspect of VBA (practical problems) but that’s all I know. I
use VBA a fair bit but outside the stuff I use on a regular basis there
is a huge amount that could be covered which I know the theory of but
have never used.

I put this to the company and although it’s not a programming job (10%)
they accept the situation but can't be any more specific (found out they
haven't written the tests yet) and suggested I bring some books along (I
have plenty but the time constraint is worrying me).

I was wondering if anybody knew of a searchable vba code library
(online or as an application) that I can lay my hands on as I have
found that if I have snippets of code or examples I can usually adapt
them to what I need fairly quickly as opposed to starting from
scratch.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Adrian

--
SandyUK
SandyUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17487

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sandy,

http://www.mvps.org/ would be a good point to start for snippets and
tips, but really if you can access online at this test then this group
covers just about everything, I always find the answer on here so I
would say if you are looking for a online code library then you have
already found it!

Duncan

SandyUK wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Isn't the Excel Forum Searchable?

http://support.microsoft.com

use the advanced search feature.

Tom Ogilvy

"SandyUK" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the replies, after F1 the forum is my first port of call th
only trouble is that I find it can run very slowly on occasions and
am not sure what type of connection I am going to get at this test (i
I get one at all).

Ideally I would like an offline searchable version off the forum wit
millisecond read time, intuitive search functions, fully cros
referenced and available on a 1mb zip but then again I would also lik
a flat in Monaco just by the swimming pool so I could watch the formul
1 each year :-) ).

I am just looking for something I can bang a search into that woul
come back with a slightly more comprehensive and in some cases simple
example than you get with F1.

An example of the sort of thing I am worried about is syntax fo
InputBox over MsgBox (I use MsgBox all the time but never use
InputBox) so if there was an example I could cut paste and change wha
I need to achieve a quick result just to pass the test. Sounds a bit o
a cheat but I would like to have a safety net to back me up if it come
to it (which I hope it doesn't).

Regards

Adria

--