Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Project Deleted

xl 2003 is deleting my VBA project from an xl 2000 file. I can find the
following (suggested) fix for xl 2002 users:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836031/ (excerpt follows...)
------------------------------
VBA modules are lost when you apply a digital signature to a workbook
When you apply a digital signature to an Excel 2000 or Excel 97 workbook by
using Excel 2002, VBA modules that belong to the workbook may be lost after
you save the workbook. When you open the workbook, you may receive the
following Microsoft Visual Basic error message:
Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost.
If you click OK, and then click Enable Macros, you may receive the following
error message:
Errors were detected in 'file_name.xls,' but Microsoft Excel was able to
open the file by making repairs listed below. Save the file to make these
repairs permanent.

Lost Visual Basic project.
Lost ActiveX controls.
---------------------------------------
but nothing that appears to be related to xl 2003. Need help...

please!

Regards

Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

McAfee is known to do this:

IF ThisWorkbook module contains any code
that reads properties from VBproject object

--
keepITcool

witek wrote in

Jack Clift wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gents,

this is an OFFICE problem, as identified in the KB article detailed below -
what I need is a fix for the 2003 version. It is not antivirus software -
other macros are working ok.

Jack