Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Controlling user environment

I currently use similar code to the following to control what the user sees
when working with Excel tools I have created for my company. These settings
occur on Auto_Open. I then reverse these settings when the user closes the
workbook down. Is there a quicker way of controlling the user environment,
and if so, how do I do this?

With ActiveWindow
.DisplayGridlines = False
.DisplayHeadings = False
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True
.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False
.DisplayZeros = False

Application.DisplayFullScreen = False
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
Application.DisplayStatusBar = False
Application.CommandBars("Drawing").Visible = False
Application.CommandBars("Standard").Visible = True
Application.CommandBars("Formatting").Visible = False
Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
Application.CommandBars("Web").Visible = False

End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob,

If my current script is the correct way, there is no problem except for
confidence in knowing I'm achieving the most efficient way of accomplishing
my requirements. Thanks for the reply.