Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Urgent Help! Ms Query

I urgently need som ehelp in joining two excel spreadsheets together using ms
query. I have successfully joined two spreadsheets in tes, however when I go
to pick up the live spreadsheets with 400 plus rows of data in Ms Query will
add the first spreadsheets and all the tables really well. when trying to add
the next spreadsheet it will say it can't find it.

Pleas all you clever people out there help me - I am lost and its the
weekend, and while it is boiling hot outside I am inside playing on my
computer to try to get this right for Monday morning... I would be very
grateful,
Love,
LEcky x
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
MS Query does not look for spreadsheets. It looks for tables or named
ranges. make sure that the sheet you are trying to add has a named range.
regards
FSt1

"msQueryHeyelp!" wrote:

I urgently need som ehelp in joining two excel spreadsheets together using ms
query. I have successfully joined two spreadsheets in tes, however when I go
to pick up the live spreadsheets with 400 plus rows of data in Ms Query will
add the first spreadsheets and all the tables really well. when trying to add
the next spreadsheet it will say it can't find it.

Pleas all you clever people out there help me - I am lost and its the
weekend, and while it is boiling hot outside I am inside playing on my
computer to try to get this right for Monday morning... I would be very
grateful,
Love,
LEcky x

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table
using MS Query. When I import the workbook my options are only to select the
"tables" (which are my sheets referenced as sheetname$). I don't want to use
the entire sheet, just my named ranges in multiple sheets.

Please help.
Kathy H