Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default export CSV file with semicolon

How can I export a CSV file with semicolon as the delimiter. By defaul
it sets it to a comma. I do not want the comma. Thanks in advance fo
you help.

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\test.csv"
FileFormat:=xlCSV, _
Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False
_
CreateBackup:=Fals

--
bawaho
bawahoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1510

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm import/export text files

Allows you to specify the delimiter.

Tom Ogilvy

"bawahoo" wrote:

How can I export a CSV file with semicolon as the delimiter. By default
it sets it to a comma. I do not want the comma. Thanks in advance for
you help.

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\test.csv",
FileFormat:=xlCSV, _
Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False,
_
CreateBackup:=False

--
bawahoo
bawahoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15102

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the post.

I tried and it does not work. I am using the SAVEAS and not the
Export.

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="T:\prowin2\AGENCY LONG TERM
PMT PLANS-PSI\HOSP\2006\REFERRAL\PSIHREF_" & Format(Now, "MMDDYY") &
".csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV, _
Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False,
_
CreateBackup:=False

Any other suggestions?