Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to automatically add amounts

Hello,
I am trying to write a very complicated macro. I have a sheet that has many
products or item#'s with case amounts in Columns H throuh Column M (Each
Column has a different product listed and the total columns varies from
workbook to workbook). In each column I have a certain number of cases listed
that I would like to send to each custmer(Customer is on each row). There is
already a listing of case quantities for each customer. My problem is when I
look at the total amount of cases that customer is recieving. The overall
amount of cases is either way to much or way to little for many customers.
This would be reflected in column G by the percentage difference from last
year. ( No need to describe this part because it is figured out on a another
part of the sheet and does not pertain to the current problem). Currently in
order to get the percentage closer to the desired figure ( This figure can be
found in a cell reference) I must manually either add or subtract the number
of cases in each product column.This is extremely time consuming and
frustrating. Not all customers get certain products and are left blank. I
would not want to add to that column. Also If I need to subtract and the case
amount is only 1, I would not want to subtract. Is there a way that I can
manually add 1 case to each product column until I get to a desired range?
Also some items don't have a percentage and is left blank. I wouuld not want
to do anything with those coulms. Is there anyway possible to do this. I know
this is complicated and any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris
The only advice I would give you is to read what you wrote and imagine
that a man just walked in off the street, probably looking for the bathroom,
and you ask him to read it and expect him to understand it.
I'm not poking fun at you. I've done the same thing and received the
same advice. We each acquire our own language/words/terms peculiar to our
work/environment. When we use those terms outside of that environment, we
get a blank stare. You just got a blank stare.
Phrase your questions/explanation in a more generic fashion. From
reading what you wrote, I'm sure that Excel can handle it easily. I just
don't know what you need. HTH Otto