Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatically populate and multiply amounts

OK, the board has been extremely helpful thus far, so I've decided to shoot
another question out there.

We have lists of different products in one tab of a worksheet. We are
trying to set up another worksheet that will allow us to input the item
number and have it A) pull in all the info from the other sheet in the column
for that item number and B) multiply the individual ingredients by the amount
of the product that we need. I was going to input a bunch of vlookup
formulas into each cell to have it pull in the appropriate amounts, but I
think there is probably a better way to do this.

Any input?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let's say you have Product number in A, Description in B and unit cost in C,
ending in row 300.
In the new sheet, you use the same setup, except that you have quantity in D
and extended price in E. Let's say you start in row 2.

In B2 =IF(A2="","",VLOOKUP(A2,'source file name'!A2:C300,2,FALSE)
In C2 =IF(A2="","",VLOOKUP(A2,'source file name'!A2:C300,3,FALSE)
In E2 =IF(D2="","",C2*D2)

Copy down as far as needed.
--
Hth