Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a easy way (no macro) to switch between sheets?

I am checking a formula that references other sheets, can I switch back
and forth without using a shortcut or command?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

CTRL+PAGEUP or PAGEDOWN will switch between sheets.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"muster" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am checking a formula that references other sheets, can I
switch back
and forth without using a shortcut or command?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the only ways i know a -
a) use short cut keys: <CTRL + <PAGE UP or <PAGE DOWN
b) or put hyperlinks on the sheets you want to switch between

otherwise its vba or tab clicking (unless someone else knows different?)

hth

tim

"muster" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am checking a formula that references other sheets, can I switch back
and forth without using a shortcut or command?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ctrl + Page Up / Down only walks sheets in order, suppose I have 20
sheets, that's a pain.

I'd like to konw how to do b), thanks.

My mistake in question, I mean without macro, but using shortchut or
command.

Tim Marsh wrote:
the only ways i know a -
a) use short cut keys: <CTRL + <PAGE UP or <PAGE DOWN
b) or put hyperlinks on the sheets you want to switch between

otherwise its vba or tab clicking (unless someone else knows different?)

hth

tim

"muster" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am checking a formula that references other sheets, can I switch back
and forth without using a shortcut or command?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ok - to hyperlink, just right click on a cell and choose hyperlink from the
shortcut/pop-up menu, then direct it to where you want to go.

if you have several sheets you want to switch between, it might be worth
inserting an extra column into the first sheet and create a sort of index
list of all the worksheets,

then set up the hyperlinks (i think a free add-in called ASAP Utilities
will do this for you automatically).

then copy the newly created column,

select all the other worksheets (click on the worksheet tab of the first
sheet you want to select, then move to the last sheet, hold down <shift and
click on the tab of teh last sheet),

select the column where you want to insert the list (eg, column A) on one of
your selected worksheets, right-click in the selected column area, then
choose 'Insert Copied Cells' from the pop-up menu

all being well, you will have copied the hyperlinked index list to all of
teh relevant worksheets

hth,

tim

oups.com...

Tim Marsh wrote:
the only ways i know a -
a) use short cut keys: <CTRL + <PAGE UP or <PAGE DOWN
b) or put hyperlinks on the sheets you want to switch between

otherwise its vba or tab clicking (unless someone else knows different?)

hth

tim

oups.com...