Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Scanning barcodes into a worksheet

Hello everyone I hope you can help if this is even possible.
Is there a way to tell the difference between a key press and a barcode
scan, I want to be able to place what the barcode scanner reads into on cell
no matter which cell is active, if this is even possible

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Using this type of barcode scanner (keyboard wedge), its input is
indistinguishable from normal keyboard input (unless you want to do a lot of
complex work, from what I hear).
So either ensure its input goes somewhere you can handle, or get a type that
connects to a port and deal with its input yourself.

Unless you analyse the Target.Value in a Worksheet_Change event, then
move/copy to the desired location.

NickHK

"skid" wrote in message
Hello everyone I hope you can help if this is even possible.
Is there a way to tell the difference between a key press and a barcode
scan, I want to be able to place what the barcode scanner reads into on

cell
no matter which cell is active, if this is even possible

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your quick response, I was afraid that was the case. I'll just
have to dill with this.

Thanks again for your help.
SKID