Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
skid skid is offline

Default Scanning barcodes into a worksheet

Thanks for your quick response, I was afraid that was the case. I'll just
have to dill with this.

Thanks again for your help.
SKID

"NickHK" wrote:

Using this type of barcode scanner (keyboard wedge), its input is
indistinguishable from normal keyboard input (unless you want to do a lot of
complex work, from what I hear).
So either ensure its input goes somewhere you can handle, or get a type that
connects to a port and deal with its input yourself.

Unless you analyse the Target.Value in a Worksheet_Change event, then
move/copy to the desired location.

NickHK

"skid" wrote in message
Hello everyone I hope you can help if this is even possible.
Is there a way to tell the difference between a key press and a barcode
scan, I want to be able to place what the barcode scanner reads into on

cell
no matter which cell is active, if this is even possible

Thanks for your help.