Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Function

I have been trying to create my own function whilst including othe
functions. Please see below example

Function ShiftHours(a, b, c, d, e)

ShiftHours = SumProduct(--(a = b), --(c = d), e)

End Function

This however doesnt work. Can i use functions within functions?

If so how would i use an aray function that would normaly require me t
use shift&Control&Enter at the same tim

--
ceem
ceemo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1065

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Function ShiftHours(a, b, c, d, e)

ShiftHours = Evaluate("SumProduct(--(" & a & "=" & _
b & "), --(" & c & "=" & d & "), " & e & ")")

End Function

Would be the basic approach. the contents of the variables would have to be
consistent with that approach to foster success.

Tom Ogilvy

"ceemo" wrote:

I have been trying to create my own function whilst including other
functions. Please see below example

Function ShiftHours(a, b, c, d, e)

ShiftHours = SumProduct(--(a = b), --(c = d), e)

End Function

This however doesnt work. Can i use functions within functions?

If so how would i use an aray function that would normaly require me to
use shift&Control&Enter at the same time

--
ceemo
ceemo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10650

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not like that

Function ShiftHours(a As Range, b, c As Range, d, e As Range)
Dim sFormula As String

sFormula = "SumProduct(--(" & a.Address & "=""" & b & """)," & _
"--(" & c.Address & "=""" & d & """)," & _
e.Address & ")"
ShiftHours = Application.Caller.Parent.Evaluate(sFormula)

End Function

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"ceemo" wrote in
message ...

I have been trying to create my own function whilst including other
functions. Please see below example

Function ShiftHours(a, b, c, d, e)

ShiftHours = SumProduct(--(a = b), --(c = d), e)

End Function

This however doesnt work. Can i use functions within functions?

If so how would i use an aray function that would normaly require me to
use shift&Control&Enter at the same time

--
ceemo
ceemo's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558846

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Im thinkiing that as long formulas accross many cells can slow an excel
workbook down so its takes a few seconds to calculate using functions
could speed up the process ?