Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filters

I want to make a filter that will filter by row instead of by column
Can this be done? Do I need to write code in VBA and if so, does anyon
know how to do this? I have a giant spread sheet of specifications wit
60 items in a list across a row, and I only want to look at one at
time...Hence the filter.
Thanks for your time

M Goddard

--
mgoddar
mgoddard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3606

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

You could use the function named Transpose.

Thanks

Deni

--
jette
jetted's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1753

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your input, but,

I am looking for a filter to run using the current data the way it is
i dont want to modify the original sheet. Is it not possible to filte
by row instead of column?

Thanks again
M goddar

--
mgoddar
mgoddard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3606
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55850

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Don't know if there is a setting for this (doubt it) or if code can b
written, but one thing you could do is copy your list and go to a blan
worksheet and Paste Special/Transpose, and then AutoFilter on that