Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I use "OR" in two auto-filters/custom filters?

Hi!

Columns A and B both have dates entered. Col A is a start date and Col B is
an end date.

I want the user to filter using a combination of the two. For example...
I want to show all lines of data that have dates that fall between 1/1/10
and 5/5/10. That could mean that the start date or the end date falls within
this range. So even if Col A starts at 12/20/09, but in Col B, it is ends on
1/15/10, it should still show this line of data.

can you help with a formula or filter to achieve this combo? I think it
would be an "OR" statement of some kind possibly since it doesn't need to
meet both Col criteria, just 1 in order to be shown.

Thanks! R
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can't do it with only the AutoFilter...

Lets say you put your start/stop dates in Y1 and Z1 respectively.
Formula:
=OR(AND(A2=Y$1,A2<=Z$1),AND(B2=Y$1,B2<=Z$1))
Coyp down as needed, then AutoFilter for TRUE on this column.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M