Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hidden sheets and macros

I have a macro that references some data on a sheet I wish to have
hidden in my workbook. The macro abends because the sheet is hidden. Is
there some way to reference the hidden sheet in the macro so it will
execute?

--
mwc0914
mwc0914's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24130

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A simple solution would be to make the sheet visible during execution of
the macro then hide it again at the end. Put this at the start of your
code:

application.screenupdating = false
sheets("TheHiddenSheet").visible = true

and this at the end:

sheets("TheHiddenSheet").visible = false
application.screenupdating = true

That way the sheet will be available to the rest of your macro, but the
user won't see it appear and disappear.

Col

--
colofnature