Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Taking multiple information from one cell.

I am trying to create a formula to take specific information out of one cell.
Here is what I am trying to do.
Cell A1 A2 A3 A4
A5

Detail "B" Detail "B" Feature #47 1.2204 dia ±.001
Feature #47
1.204 dia
±.001

Cell A1 has all this information in it Detail Feature Dia, and my tolerance.
This information is also ALT Entered so that is under one anther. It is also
wrapped text. The information such as dia may change to dim or angle. Feature
numbers will change to #48 etc. The same with the tolerances as well. Any
help will be greatly appreciated. I am really good at excel bet cant get this
one. Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Carrguy,

The following code, inserted into a module/macro, will do what you desire.

Range("A2") = Left(Range("A1"), InStr(1, Range("A1"), Chr(10)) - 1)
dummy = Mid(Range("A1"), InStr(1, Range("A1"), Chr(10)) + 1, Len(Range("A1")))
Range("A3") = Left(dummy, InStr(1, dummy, Chr(10)) - 1)
dummy = Mid(dummy, InStr(1, dummy, Chr(10)) + 1, Len(dummy))
Range("A4") = Left(dummy, InStr(1, dummy, Chr(10)) - 1)
dummy = Mid(dummy, InStr(1, dummy, Chr(10)) + 1, Len(dummy))
Range("A5") = dummy

Mike