Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Windows version language and Excel version language

Hi,
I would like to know how to find out if the user's workstation is configured
with Windows XP English or French (and possibly Spanish).
The same with the Excel version that is installed.
I read a lot about Environ, but that information is not there.
In the registry, what do i look for?
For Excel, I can always check if the "File" menu exists. If yes, then Excel
is in English. If not, check if "Fichier" exists. If yes, then Excel is in
French and otherwise, in another language. But that method is not very
"professional" to me.
So would anyone know where I could find that information?
Note: we all use Windows XP Professional and Excel XP (2002).
Thank you.
--
Jac Tremblay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jac,

Try:

Application.international(xlCountryCode)

Application.international(xlCountrySetting)

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jac Tremblay" wrote in message
I would like to know how to find out if the user's workstation is
configured
with Windows XP English or French (and possibly Spanish).
The same with the Excel version that is installed.
I read a lot about Environ, but that information is not there.
In the registry, what do i look for?
For Excel, I can always check if the "File" menu exists. If yes, then
Excel
is in English. If not, check if "Fichier" exists. If yes, then Excel is in
French and otherwise, in another language. But that method is not very
"professional" to me.
So would anyone know where I could find that information?
Note: we all use Windows XP Professional and Excel XP (2002).
Thank you.
--
Jac Tremblay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Norman,
I tried that code:
Sub ApplicationSettings()
Dim strMsg As String
strMsg = "xlCountryCode = " & Application.International(xlCountryCode) & _
vbCrLf & "xlCountrySetting = " &
Application.International(xlCountrySetting)
MsgBox strMsg
End Sub
I get 33 and 2 (French Canada settings for Excel).
Where can I get the list of the different settings and other informations
available?
And what about the windows installation (French, English or other)?
Thanks for your comment.
--
Jac Tremblay

"Norman Jones" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jac,

See:

http://www.studyabroad.com/telcodes.html

Or, use your telephone directory's international pages.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jac Tremblay" wrote in message
Hi Norman,
I tried that code:
Sub ApplicationSettings()
Dim strMsg As String
strMsg = "xlCountryCode = " & Application.International(xlCountryCode) &
_
vbCrLf & "xlCountrySetting = " &