Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default language version excel

I have a problem when programming in VBA with the language version o
excel.

Somewhere I'm asking to take 'All' (for pivot).
This works off course when the language version of excel is English.
But when someone try to use the program with a French language version
an error appears.

So did someone knows how I can find out in VBA which language versio
excel has by anybody? So I can know what word I need to use and th
error will stay away?

thanks a lot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Application.International(xlCountryCode)
will tell you the language version.

Errors like that can often be avoided by using an object's index number or
key instead of its name or caption. But it's difficult to present a solution
for you without the exact poroblem.

HTH. best wishes Harald

"masterflasher " skrev i
melding ...
I have a problem when programming in VBA with the language version of
excel.

Somewhere I'm asking to take 'All' (for pivot).
This works off course when the language version of excel is English.
But when someone try to use the program with a French language version,
an error appears.

So did someone knows how I can find out in VBA which language version
excel has by anybody? So I can know what word I need to use and the
error will stay away?

thanks a lot!

---