Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Printing selected pages in a Word document

Evening all,

Here's my problem
I'm trying to get a macro going that will only print certain pages of a
document, in this case I want all the pages from 1 to the current page
selected.
I've dimmed "p" as a variant and it has the value of the current page
(say 3 for example).
Then the code goes like this:

With Word <---previously dimmed as word.application

..PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="1", To:="p"

I've also tried p without the quotes, omitting the range variant, p
dimmed as an integer, using Pages:="1-" & p instead of the From, To
thing and other stuff but it ain't working!!! Sure if I make p a
number than that works okay but I need it to be a variable because it's
gonig to be different each time.

Any suggestions, because I'm sure the rainforests aren't going to
appreciate me carrying on with this.

Thanks, Tris

--
Tristan
Tristan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34061

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I recorded a macro in MSWord and got this line:

Application.PrintOut FileName:="", Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="1-3", PageType:= _
wdPrintAllPages, ManualDuplexPrint:=False, Collate:=True, Background:= _
False, PrintToFile:=False, PrintZoomColumn:=0, PrintZoomRow:=0, _
PrintZoomPaperWidth:=0, PrintZoomPaperHeight:=0

So maybe your code should look more like:

With Word
.PrintOut FileName:="", Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="1-" & p
end with

I used MSWord 2003.

If this doesn't work, I'd record a macro in Word that does what you want and
compare that with your code.

Tristan wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your reply Dave,

That's pretty much the same avenue I went down and I tried the cod
with the Pages:="1-" & p bit in it.

I couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to. On most of the occassion
(i tried a few variations on a theme) the document printed out but i
printed all the pages instead of the few I wanted, i.e. it wasn'
registering the p as a number

--
Trista
Tristan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3406

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There was a difference in what to print, too.

wdPrintRangeOfPages = 4
wdPrintFromTo = 3

But if you're using wdPrintFromTo, I would think I'd try:

word.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=1, To:=p

Notice that the quotes are gone.

Tristan wrote:

Thanks for your reply Dave,

That's pretty much the same avenue I went down and I tried the code
with the Pages:="1-" & p bit in it.

I couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to. On most of the occassions
(i tried a few variations on a theme) the document printed out but it
printed all the pages instead of the few I wanted, i.e. it wasn't