Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to cause a #num! error

Hi,

Is there a way to have a function return a error message? I would like one
of my functions to return a #num! error when the range passed to it is empty.

Thanks,

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Function ReturnsHashNum()
ReturnsHashNum = CVErr(xlErrNum)
End Function

There are other error consts if you need them- xlErrNA.
xlErrDiv0, etc

Andrew

Ken Kazinski wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to have a function return a error message? I would like one
of my functions to return a #num! error when the range passed to it is empty.

Thanks,

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks that gave an error in the cell - just not a num error.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It returned #NUM! for me.

What did you get?

--