Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening a file via VBA

I wrote some code to open a file that has links. The file opens but a box
appears advising that the file has links and asking if I want to update the
links. What can I do in my code to not have that box appear? Thanks in
advance. Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris,

The file open method has an "updatelinks" argument.
You can specify a value of 0 (zero) to prevent updating.
It is all spelled out in the Excel help file...

Workbooks.Open "C:\My Documents\Bingo Cards.xls", UpdateLinks:=0

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA