Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Timer

Just a quick question.

I found how to doa timer by search on here which works really well.

However, can't seem to format it so it only says "7 seconds" as opposed to
"7.123456 seconds"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
--
Steve R
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve wrote:
Just a quick question.

I found how to doa timer by search on here which works really well.

However, can't seem to format it so it only says "7 seconds" as
opposed to "7.123456 seconds"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I assume that this value is in a cell? If so how is that cell currently
formatted? Could you format the cell as Number with no decimal places?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve wrote:
Sorry Paul, should have explained.

It's in a msgbox

Cheers

Just a quick question.

I found how to doa timer by search on here which works really well.

However, can't seem to format it so it only says "7 seconds" as
opposed to "7.123456 seconds"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
--
Steve R

OK we know where we are looking now! Somewhere in the VB script there will
be the msgbox command and it will have as its first parameter either a
variable or a calculation. Enclose this variable/calculation in the format
function thus:

MsgBox Format(22 / 7, "#")

the above displays 3

TIMER Jase Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 8th 08 10:22 PM
Timer Brandon H Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 August 9th 07 01:54 PM
Timer Vijay Excel Worksheet Functions 1 April 6th 07 11:00 AM
Stopping a Timer / Running a timer simultaneously on Excel Paul23 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 10th 06 12:08 PM
Msg Box Timer Steph[_3_] Excel Programming 13 March 18th 05 06:40 PM