Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorting information

I have master list on one sheet that I would like to sort into
different sheets based on one column of information. For example, if
this particular column has a value of "blue" the entire row goes to
one worksheet; if it has a value of "red" that row goes to another
worksheet. Can Excel perform this function? And sort the subsequent
worksheets in alphabetical order?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I checked out the site, but I really didn't understand it. I'm not
incredibly excel literate. I am very much in the learning stages.
Unfortunately, I really need step-by-step instructions.

I have no experience with macros, so I was thinking of using IF
statements to sort them...Is this a good idea? Would a macro be
easier?

Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks.