Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Program to resave a collection of .xls files into tab separated .txt files

Would it be possible to write a vba or vb program that when executed would
resave
a list of .xls files into tab separated .txt files? Right now I do this
manually. I tried doing
a record/playback macro but that's not the way to go. Thanks very much for
any
assistance!

Jeff H.
jhoward1 [at] nc [dot] [rr] dot [com]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Program to resave a collection of .xls files into tab separated .t

You can do this using an ADO (from VBA) recordset object and its GetString()
method to write to TAB delimited files.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was hoping I could use the built in feature in Excel that allows
to Save As without reading and writing all of the records myself.

I saw some threads that indicated a method to do a Save As but I couldn't
find a define to indicate tab separated values.

Jeff