Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto Hide Task Bar

Hi,
Is there a piece of code that Auto Hides the Task Bar

I am after the Task bar to hide when a workbook is open and come back after
the workbook closes.

Many thanks
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hope this helps.. I have a task pane, is that the same?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Application.CommandBars("Task Pane").Visible = False

End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Close()

Application.CommandBars("Task Pane").Visible = True

End Su

--
Bearacad

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3501
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bearacade, but it was the Task Bar and not the Task Pane I wanted. I
could still use this on a different project though.
I did however try changing the Task Pane to Bar, but it didnt want to know.
Regards
John

"Bearacade" wrote:

Hope this helps.. I have a task pane, is that the same?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Application.CommandBars("Task Pane").Visible = False

End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Close()

Application.CommandBars("Task Pane").Visible = True

Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=550033

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am having a brain fart, I could for the LIFE of me figure out wha
task bar was.. haha.. ok.. here goes.. put all of this in ThisWorkbook

Private Declare Function ShowWindow Lib "user32" _
(ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal nCmdShow As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" _
Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As String, _
ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long

Private Declare Function FindWindowEx Lib "user32" _
Alias "FindWindowExA" (ByVal hWnd1 As Long, _
ByVal hWnd2 As Long, _
ByVal lpsz1 As String, _
ByVal lpsz2 As String) As Long

Sub TaskBar(blnValue As Boolean)
Dim lngHandle As Long
Dim lngStartButton As Long

lngHandle = FindWindow("Shell_TrayWnd", "")

If blnValue Then
ShowWindow lngHandle, 5
Else
ShowWindow lngHandle, 0

Private Sub Cmdhide()
Dim A As Boolean
A = False
TaskBar (A)
End Sub

Private Sub Cmdunhide()
Dim A As Boolean
A = True
TaskBar (A)
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Call Cmdhide

Call Cmdunhide

End Su

--
Bearacad

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3501
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bearacade,
It worked a treat. Sorry it took so long getting back to you, I have been away
Many thanks
Regards
John