Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newbie question

I'm wanting my user to place the cursor on a desired cell and then click some
form of a button. The Macro will need to "run some" and store some values
regarding the current cell. It will then need to return control to the user
to click on one more cell before completing the macro. This is no different
than many of the Excel built in functions. The user initially clicks on
where they want the value, and then click on where to get the input from.

Is there a limit to the number of "named ranges" any one excel file can have?

Is there a method to displaying output rather than message boxes which hault
the macro from proceeding? The only thing I can anticipate using would be a
form with some sort of scrollable text box. However, I'd rather have one box
for each message.

Thanks in advance,

Christmas May
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Could you not just build a UDF where the input is passed as parameters, such

Function myUDF(msg)
If len(msg) 3 Then
myUDF=TRUE
Else