Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "LAST SAVED BY".... (Help)

HI, I´M NEEDING HELP FOR GETTING THE \"LAST SAVED BY\" FOR A SHARE
EXCEL FILE AND PLACE IT IN A CELL...

SO FAR I COULD GET THE \"AUTHOR\" NAME WITH
_=GETPROPERTY(\\"AUTHOR\\")__USING THE FOLLOWING PUBLIC FUNCTION

-Public Function GetProperty(P As String, Optional WorkbookName A
Variant)
Dim S As Variant
Dim WB As Workbook
On Error Resume Next
If IsMissing(WorkbookName) Then
If TypeOf Application.Caller Is Range Then
Set WB = Application.Caller.Parent.Parent
Else
Set WB = ActiveWorkbook
End If
Else
Set WB = Workbooks(WorkbookName)
End If
S = WB.CustomDocumentProperties(P)
If S < "" Then
GetProperty = S
Exit Function
End If
On Error GoTo EndMacro
GetProperty = WB.BuiltinDocumentProperties(P)
Exit Function
EndMacro:
GetProperty = ""
End Function-

THANKS :) IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY SEND.

cid
cidc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3515
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54918

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use Last Author rather than Author.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"cidc" wrote in message

HI, I´M NEEDING HELP FOR GETTING THE \"LAST SAVED BY\" FOR A SHARED
EXCEL FILE AND PLACE IT IN A CELL...

SO FAR I COULD GET THE \"AUTHOR\" NAME WITH:
_=GETPROPERTY(\\"AUTHOR\\")__USING THE FOLLOWING PUBLIC FUNCTION:

-Public Function GetProperty(P As String, Optional WorkbookName As
[...]

cidc's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549183

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

THANK YOU, VERY MUCH BOB...

I'VE TRYED, AND IT DID WORK IN THE LOCAL COMPUTER(WHERE THE FILE IS),
WHEN I MAKE THE CHANGES ON A NETWORKED COMPUTER AND SAVED IT, IT KEEPS
ALWAYS THE LOCAL USER'S NAME EVEN THOUGH THE \"FILE PROPERTIES -
STATISTICS\" SHOWS THE REMOTE COMPUTER'S USER NAME...

ANY IDEA WHY IT DOES NOT UPDATE THE \"LAST AUTHOR\" NAME?

REGARDS, AND THANKS AGAIN...

Bob Phillips Wrote:
Use Last Author rather than Author.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

--
cidc
cidc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35154
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549183

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i just use
Range("K2").Value = "Saved by " & Environ("UserName")

in a workbook_beforesave module

what's wrong with this? works for my needs

--

Gary