Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MS Word question

Hi to all,

This is a Microsoft word question and I hope it's not too far off
topic. I am required to make daily reports and my method is always,
simply, to update the information in my report for the previous day.

To be sure that everything is updated I first change the font color to
blue. All of the text that I need to update is contained in tables so
what I want is to create a macro that will select all the tables in the
document and change the font color, but *only* in the tables. Can
anybody please help me to create a macro that will do this?

As I type I then return the font color to black but this does not need
to be under macro control, as I guess that would be rather too
complicated?

Thank you very much for your help with this and best wishes to all.

Cheers,
RonW.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

You really should be asking this in microsoft.public.word.tables, not in an
excel newsgroup.

Anyway, to answer your question, why not simply have two styles defined in
your document for use within tables, one with a blue font, the other with a
black one. Then, whenever you want to update the tables, swap the colours in
the styles over, which will immediately make the black text blue, and
vice-versa. Then, as you update each cell, change its style to the current
black one. No macros required. Doing it this way also means you can easily
be selective about whether table headings get their colours changed, which
you might or might not want.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You will find that Word issues are better addressed at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups...&lang=en&cr=US

For the immediate issue, try:

Sub aa()
For Each tbl In ActiveDocument.Tables