Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SEARCH AND REPLACE (in Excel 2007, beta)

Greetings. I suppose this should be posted in New Users, which I am, but I'm
sure the solution to my problem will involve some fancy macro programming, so
here goes nothing.

I have four columns: A, B, C, and D in a somewhat large file. What I need
to do is search for a particular word in Col. A, another particular word in
Col. B, and still another particular word in Col. C, all simultaneously, so
this rules out simply using the Search and Replace function. Then once these
three "words" are found, another particular word will be inserted in the same
row in blank Col. D. Perhaps it can be visualized better, thus (and I hope
the formatting doesn't get garbled):

A B C D
xsdfd dvdf 32
eeeff ffere 23
dfdfff 4343 21

If I search on the second row and the three columns, (eeeff ffere 23),
all the rows in the entire file will put a certain word in the blank Col. D
(dkbkk), thus:

A B C D
xsdfd dvdf 32
eeeff ffere 23 dkbkk
dfdfff 4343 21

If it's not too much trouble, could someone please explain in easy English
how this task could be accomplished, or would it involve too complicated
programming?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rebecca,

Is your search criteria fixed? Meaning the you are searching for only
one set of the combination of the three word and when found one answer
is written to column D?

Rebecca wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes. By the way, the spreadsheet data is the Hebrew Bible text in four
columns. Col. A is the verse (e.g., Gen 1:1), Col. B is the Hebrew word,
Col. C is the dictionary form of the word in Col. B., and Col. D is the
parsing of the word in Col. B. In Col. E will be placed the English
translation of the Hebrew word in Col. B.

There are various ways (and software programs) that can do this, but I
prefer Excel for a variety of reasons.