Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Beta Version

What is the Beta version? Is it just a more or less incomplete version of the
new Excel, and can I probably use it for my spreadsheets without major
problems (I would really benefit from the greater number of columns)? How
would I get the Beta version? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For availability, check he
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...etthebeta.mspx

'Beta' means software that is still in test status. It may (most probably
will) have bugs in it that could affect operations at any level from mildly
annoying to application destroying. I've seen mention of problems with it
even recently in this very discussion forum, so it definitely has some known
issues. If your spreadsheets are business related and something you can't
risk having go south on you, I'd stick with what you have for the time being.
Software usually goes through a couple of Beta versions and then on into RC
versions. RC standing for Release Candidate - meaning it's pretty firm, but
may have issues given a specific combination of hardware, software and use on
any given system.

I'll leave it to others who are actually using it inn its current
incarnation to tell you how much trouble it might or might not give you right
now.