Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default boolean (true/false) in Excel

I have a little routine re-arranges tables in Excel. I'm having problems
right now w/ cells that contain FALSE and TRUE. I'm not sure if it's related
to the cell format being General vs. text or what. After my routine runs,
FALSE (or TRUE) is placed in the middle of the cell and, as soon as I click
my mouse on the Formula Bar, FALSE (or TRUE) is then moved to the left (as it
was supposed to). Notice that I don't make any changes, no backspacing, or
anything else. I've also noticed that when I type, say False into a cell
that's General, Excel automatically capitalizes it to FALSE. This may be
related to the problem I'm having...

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Radon" wrote:

I have a little routine re-arranges tables in Excel. I'm having problems
right now w/ cells that contain FALSE and TRUE. I'm not sure if it's related
to the cell format being General vs. text or what. After my routine runs,
FALSE (or TRUE) is placed in the middle of the cell and, as soon as I click
my mouse on the Formula Bar, FALSE (or TRUE) is then moved to the left (as it
was supposed to). Notice that I don't make any changes, no backspacing, or
anything else. I've also noticed that when I type, say False into a cell
that's General, Excel automatically capitalizes it to FALSE. This may be
related to the problem I'm having...

Thanks.

When you type False or True into a cell Excel automatically converts it to a
boolean value. As part of this conversion it capitalizes it and centres it.
Any centrally alligned cell entry will move to the left when you edit it
through the formula bar. The text alignment can be altered through formatting
but the capitalization can't AFAIK.