Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default match function inside if function

I'm trying to write a match function inside an if function.
Basically I have two codes:

=IF(MATCH( 'Asset Tagging'!B6, 'Formula Data'!C191:C839, 0), "No", "Yes")

Which displays a No whenever a match is found between the two databases.
I'm not sure how to make it say "Yes" whenever it does not match. Excel
automatically assigns #N/A to a non-match

So, I made this function
=IF(ISNA('Formula Data'!D2),1,0)

to display 1(yes) whenever the cell's value is #N/A and 0(no) for when the
value is not #N/A.

The only way I was able to make this work was making another sheet with an
array of results from the first function and an array with results from the
second function.

Is there anyway I can combine these two functions with VBA or change the
default of the first function to display "Yes" instead of "#N/A"?

Thanks for any advice
Noel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=IF(ISNA(MATCH( 'Asset Tagging'!B6, 'Formula Data'!C191:C839, 0)), "No",
"Yes")

HTH
--
AP

"gnotnoel" <u22533@uwe a écrit dans le message de news:
6120d9d8fc31f@uwe...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the quick response.
I tried the function and various versions of this function already.
It's always displaying a No on the cell, even though the assets do not match.

Am I doing something wrong?

Noel

Ardus Petus wrote:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH( 'Asset Tagging'!B6, 'Formula Data'!C191:C839, 0)), "No",
"Yes")

HTH
--
AP

I'm trying to write a match function inside an if function.
Basically I have two codes:

[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
Thanks for any advice
Noel