Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide data based on future date

I have a column A having dates and second one B with a formula that
computes something based on the dates in A column. Dates are like all
mondays of 2006 in chronological order. Now all I want is that for the
dates that are greater than TODAY, cell in second column should appear
blank and not what the result of the formula in it.

A........... B
---------- -----------
5/22/2006 10 :result of myfunc(5/22/2006)
5/29/2006 9 :result of myfunc(5/29/2006)
6/5/2006 :result of myfunc(6/5/2006)
6/12/2006 :result of myfunc(6/12/2006)

How to do that? What I need to do in my VBA function such that it does
not show result if date is in future?

--
nougain
nougain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32031

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I want to achieve that right from my VBA. MyFunc returns double
and where the dates are in future it returns 0.0. I know I am asking to
return double and string from the same function based on the date given.
Ideally I want to retain my result column to be number formatted and
preferably do not want it to be populated with string (numerical data
displayed as string).