Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MVM MVM is offline

Default Calendar

I like to popup the calendar. I checked all the references, I could not
find. In some date fields, I like to invoke the calendar and allow the user
to select. How do I do this?
Thanks
MVM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi M,

See Ron de Bruin at:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"MVM" wrote in message
I like to popup the calendar. I checked all the references, I could not
find. In some date fields, I like to invoke the calendar and allow the
user
to select. How do I do this?
Thanks
MVM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MVM MVM is offline

Thank you Norman Jones. It worked great.
I have a question and a problem. Hope you or someone can answer me.
q1.
Do I need to put one calender on each sheet and form if need in all these.
I needed the calendar on two sheets and one form.

P.
When i first put the calendar, I could see its properties after selecting it
in design mode. Now I am not able to select the calendar even in design
mode. This happened after I closed the "exit design mode toolbar". Even
after selecting the same toolbar(from view-toolbars-custom - exit design
mode) I am not able to select the calendar.
I thought i can copy and paste on other sheets. It seems it pasted on the
same sheet. As a result i see two calendars and only one is clickable for
date.

how to get rid of this problem.

Thanks
MVM

"MVM" wrote in message
I like to popup the calendar. I checked all the references, I could not
find. In some date fields, I like to invoke the calendar and allow the
user
to select. How do I do this?
Thanks
MVM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MVM MVM is offline

I got the problem - sheets are protected.
I like to know if we can use one calendar for the whole book. if so how.
Thanks
MVM

"MVM" wrote in message
I like to popup the calendar. I checked all the references, I could not
find. In some date fields, I like to invoke the calendar and allow the
user
to select. How do I do this?
Thanks
MVM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi M,

I like to know if we can use one calendar for the whole book. if so how.

You would need to add a calendar control in each worksheet of interest.

---
Regards,
Norman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MVM MVM is offline

Hi
Thanks

I am having 6 rows by 2 col of textboxes on a form. First column for dates
and the second column for time. txtFirstDate_Enter is used to invoke the
calendar. Similarly other date controls too. But I didn't put any function
for the time text box control. When I hit on the time controls it is
invoking the calendar and if I choose a date it will go to the txtFirstDate
control. It sences as if I entered the firstdate control, even though I
entered time control. This is happening on first four time controls - all
goes to firstdate. What must be happening here? I feel it is very strange?
how do I get over with this?

Thanks for all the help.
MVM

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi M,

I like to know if we can use one calendar for the whole book. if so how.

You would need to add a calendar control in each worksheet of interest.

---
Regards,
Norman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MVM MVM is offline

Hi Jones:
Thanks for all your help. Can you give me some suggestions on this problem.
The problem of txtboxes_enter triggering another textbox entry.

Thanks
MVM

"MVM" wrote:

Hi
Thanks

I am having 6 rows by 2 col of textboxes on a form. First column for dates
and the second column for time. txtFirstDate_Enter is used to invoke the
calendar. Similarly other date controls too. But I didn't put any function
for the time text box control. When I hit on the time controls it is
invoking the calendar and if I choose a date it will go to the txtFirstDate
control. It sences as if I entered the firstdate control, even though I
entered time control. This is happening on first four time controls - all
goes to firstdate. What must be happening here? I feel it is very strange?
how do I get over with this?

Thanks for all the help.
MVM

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi M,

I like to know if we can use one calendar for the whole book. if so how.

You would need to add a calendar control in each worksheet of interest.

---
Regards,
Norman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi MVM,

Thanks for all your help. Can you give me some suggestions on this
problem.
The problem of txtboxes_enter triggering another textbox entry.

I think that you would need to post the code associated with the textboxes.

---
Regards,
Norman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MVM MVM is offline

Dear Jones:
here is the code
I have 6 date and 6 time text boxes in 6x2 array. All in one frame.

Thanks for your help
Regards
MVM
_________
Private Sub txtFLDate_Enter() '_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As
MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
Call getCalendar(Me.txtFLDate)
End Sub
Private Sub txtSecDate_Enter()
Call getCalendar(Me.txtSecDate)
End Sub
Private Sub txtOGDate_Enter()
Call getCalendar(Me.txtOGDate)
End Sub
Private Sub txtCGDate_Enter()
Call getCalendar(Me.txtCGDate)
End Sub
Private Sub txtReleaseDate_Enter()
Call getCalendar(Me.txtReleaseDate)
End Sub
Private Sub txtSailDate_Enter()
Call getCalendar(Me.txtSailDate)
End Sub

Private Sub getCalendar(Target As Object) 'TextBox)
Dim inRange As Range
On Error GoTo err_Calendar
' Set callgObj = Target
Application.EnableEvents = False
' fmCalendar.Left = myForm.Left + myForm.Width / 2 'Target.Left +
Target.Width - fmCalendar.Width
' fmCalendar.Top = myForm.Top + myForm.Height / 2 'Target.Top +
Target.Height
fmCalendar.Height = Worksheets("Ullage").Cells(2, 25).Value
fmCalendar.Width = Worksheets("Ullage").Cells(3, 25).Value
' fmCalendar.BringToFront
fmCalendar.Visible = True
' select Today's date in the Calendar
fmCalendar.Value = Date