Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA protection & hide

Hi

I have written a macro & Assign the same in Toolbar.
Each time when I run the macro,Excel prompts to open the parent file where I
have store the Macro module, to work with.

Can this be avoided & can I create the Macro Menu having lot of Macro
functions in the Excel whenever I Open the new sheet.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

yagna.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is up to your macro workbook to install/disinstall user-defined
menus/toolbars.

You can add this code in Workbook_Open and Workbook_BeforeClore event procs.

HTH
--
AP

"yagna" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi

I have written a macro & Assign the same in Toolbar.
Each time when I run the macro,Excel prompts to open the parent file where
have store the Macro module, to work with.

Can this be avoided & can I create the Macro Menu having lot of Macro
functions in the Excel whenever I Open the new sheet.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

yagna.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ardus Petus,

Actually it is opening whenever you run a macro on the different excel file
say
Mymacro- Macro name.

I have done it in the file Myfirstmacro.xls & when I run the same macro in
Testing.xls,it is opening up the Myfirstmacro.xls & then executes in the
testing.xls

can this be avoided.

thanks & regards,
yagna

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

It is up to your macro workbook to install/disinstall user-defined
menus/toolbars.

You can add this code in Workbook_Open and Workbook_BeforeClore event procs.

HTH
--
AP

"yagna" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi

I have written a macro & Assign the same in Toolbar.
Each time when I run the macro,Excel prompts to open the parent file where
have store the Macro module, to work with.

Can this be avoided & can I create the Macro Menu having lot of Macro
functions in the Excel whenever I Open the new sheet.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

yagna.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yagna,
The WB has to be open for code to run.
You can put the macro in Personal.xls which open when excel starts.
Or move your Myfirstmacro.xls to your XLSTART (or whatever you have set)
folder, so that WB is opened when Excel starts.
That way those macros will always be available.

NickHK