Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Validation and file size

My Dears,

An advice used by me for reporting particulars of cheques issued in a
day have 7 columns - Date, Cheque No, Payee, Amount, Customer a/c No,
Location and Location Code.
To ensure that only valid cheque nos. are reported, I have added data
validation in B34:B63 while
the source is located at A76:A7675. In Data validation I cannot use
BETWEEN because the cheque
nos are not contigous. Since the cheque nos in stock need be on the
same worksheet, after addition of
the data validation it has taken significantly longer while mailing
through my narrow band dial up connection.

Could you help me to keep the file size down while keeping it simple
since I can not make the head or tail of the VBE. I may also add that I
have not added validation in Location and Location Code columns for
fear of increasing the file size further.

I am a newbee and dont know how to attach a sample worksheet to this
forum. If anybody is willing I will mail the worksheet as attachment.

Thanking you,

DIYKID

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Problem with cJoint Ardus is that it is in French. Whilst I use it myself, I
like the clean interface, some people may be put off if they cannot
understand the instructions. An English alternative that Max uses is
http://savefile.com/. Another alternative is Max's old one at
http://flypicture.com/index.cfm?display=upload

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

"Ardus Petus" wrote in message
You can upload your workbook on http://cjoint.com and post back the link.

Cheers,
--
AP

"diykid" a écrit dans le message de news:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob Phillips wrote:
[...]

Hi,

My thanks to the forum particularly Ardus and Bob for the prompt
response.I have posted the file at
http://www.savefile.com/files/9098550. I regret the delay in posting
the link due to problem in my net-connection. Kindly bear with me.

DIYKID

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is a solution with an abbreviated "Cheque_Stock" named range, and an
User-Defined function:
http://cjoint.com/?gclepwV2jY

HTH
--

Bob Phillips wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob Phillips wrote:
[...]

Thank you once again for the 'just as I imagined' solution from Ardus.
As I said earlier though, I wish I could read into Ardus' Option
explicit statement. If anybody know some tutorial which starts really
from scratch like - 'Go to Tools - Macros - Visual Basic Editor. Then
.......... ', I would jump straight in.

Thank you,

DIYKID

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Option Explicit at the beginning of a module makes it compulsory to declare
ALL variables in you program.

If this option is absent, VBA automatically creates a Variant variable with
any non-declared name.

HTH