Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Generating a barcode from cell data

I need a macro or some such app that will automatically create a 3 of 9
barcode in a worksheet from data in a particular cell. When data in the cell
is changed, the barcode changes automatically.

Does anyone know of any free code on the web that will accomplish this?

If not free, any suggestions of purchase code?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The best way of doing this is to use the 3 of 9 barcode font!

http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/

that is the download page

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Think you just need a font that displays the 3 of 9 barcode. From a

If you are printing 3of9 barcodes it should simply be a matter of font.
More information in
and the ultimate barcode reference
http://www.barcode-1.net/
---
HTH,

------------------

Most of David's first cited page is on mailmerge, but if you go down to
about the last 9/10 ths of the page, you will find

Bar Code information (#barcode)

with extensive information and links.

Tom Ogilvy

"clapper" wrote in message
I need a macro or some such app that will automatically create a 3 of 9
barcode in a worksheet from data in a particular cell. When data in the

cell
is changed, the barcode changes automatically.

Does anyone know of any free code on the web that will accomplish this?

If not free, any suggestions of purchase code?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the suggestion.

However...is there any way to 'embed' the font so that the file opened on
another machine will see the barcode? I need to be able to email the file to
other users and they be able to see and print the barcodes.

"Crowbar via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

The best way of doing this is to use the 3 of 9 barcode font!

http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/

that is the download page

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unlike Word, you can't attach or embed a font in a workbook.
You'd have to sent the font to the users and have them install it
on their machines.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"clapper" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion.

However...is there any way to 'embed' the font so that the file
opened on
another machine will see the barcode? I need to be able to
email the file to
other users and they be able to see and print the barcodes.

"Crowbar via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

The best way of doing this is to use the 3 of 9 barcode font!

http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/

that is the download page

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Except, as I've mentioned above, I need to be able to send the workbook to
another user and they be able to open the file and see the barcode. So, fonts
really don't work.

Any thoughts on free or purchased macros?

"clapper" wrote in message
I need a macro or some such app that will automatically create a 3 of 9
barcode in a worksheet from data in a particular cell. When data in the

cell
is changed, the barcode changes automatically.

Does anyone know of any free code on the web that will accomplish this?

If not free, any suggestions of purchase code?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Clapper,

You can do this using our BarCodeWiz Barcode ActiveX Control.
You simply select one or more cells and click on "Selection To
Barcodes" on the toolbar to create barcodes. The barcodes are inserted
into the spreadsheet as images and you can distribute the files to
other users. Please see this page for a quick overview:

http://www.barcodewiz.com/msLanding.asp

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Alek Szymanski
http://www.barcodewiz.com