Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to subtract 7 min from 08:55 AM

I have a problem that I cannot figure out.
How to subtract a fraction of time from a Start time:
A1=08:50 AM , A2 needs to test A1 for less than or greater than 7 minutes of
09:00 AM.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rick,

If I understand you correctly, you need this in cell A2:

= If(((9/24)-A1)<(7/1440),"Less than 7 minutes","Not less than 7
minutes")

"Rick" wrote:

I have a problem that I cannot figure out.
How to subtract a fraction of time from a Start time:
A1=08:50 AM , A2 needs to test A1 for less than or greater than 7 minutes of
09:00 AM.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=AND(A1=--"08:53:00",A1<=--"09:07:00")

or perhaps if the time is in A1 and the check time (9:00) is in B1 then

=ABS(B1-A1)<TIME(,7,0)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips