Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Why can't I continue to see ALL the properties?

Given a sub such as:

If I type in something like:
Target.
into the VBE, I get that neat little popup window that gives me all the
properties, such as:
Name
giving us:
Target.Name
which I can select.

And so, I select Name, hit the tab key, and put a period after it. So
why now does the little popup window of I guess I should call them
"sub-properties" not show up this time when it did before? ONLY by
examining the locals window did I figure out that:
Target.Name.Name
would give me the name I assigned to that cell, as opposed to the value
(And what the heck is value2???). I now am wondering how many useless
motions and rediculously combined statements have I employed when I
could have used these drilled down properties to immediately identify
items to be examined for change. Is this a fault of my
system/installation or is it a universal problem?

--
brucemc
brucemc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32871

Continue Quote Kev Setting up and Configuration of Excel 1 August 8th 09 04:19 PM
to continue down in the same row alex178 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 8th 06 05:34 PM
continue VLOOKUP to next value rich Excel Worksheet Functions 1 May 24th 06 02:02 AM
Continue Steph[_6_] Excel Programming 0 January 31st 06 05:50 PM
Properties transferring from excel cells to word file properties lubo Excel Programming 4 July 12th 05 11:24 AM