Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy and paste VBA command - anybody help me?

Question 1:

I have this VBA command that copy (from a database) and paste som
numbers into (what I would like to be) an table. Right now I past
these numbers in row 4, column 2, 3, 4 and 5 (that is B4:E4). M
problem is: I need a command that makes Excel look in the database
copy data if not blank, and then paste them into the table in row 5,
and so on - until there is no more data to copy from the database? I
other words, I would like to replicate the command I have, but plac
the data in the next available row - and do this until there are n
more data in the database.

Question 2:

Then, I need a command that copy the range name from the database (fo
example: Excelforum Inc.), which could be found in row 1, and paste i
into column 1 (e.g. "A") in the table? Of course, I want this names t
be pasted at the correct row, that means the row that the numbers fro
question 1 are pasted into.

Kind regards

xtia

--
xtia
xtian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3481

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Xtian,

Which database are you using?

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello!

It is an Excel Workbook - let us call it "Database.xls".

--
xtian
xtian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34816

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Xtian,

Can you show me an example of how the data are arranged in
Database.xls?

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=545739

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Database.xls (I am not sure, because I do not have the database here
right now - it might be the opposite direction -- "A1": Name, "B1" to
"E1": Numbers):

"A1": Exelforum (name)
"A2": 200
"A3": 123
"A4": 34
"A5":1

"B1": name02
"B2": 100
and so on...

Therefore I want to copy these numbers until there is no data in the
column...

"A1" equals cell A1...