Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Stuck in Design mode

I have been working all day on a worksheet, using design mode to create
some simple check boxes and hidden fields etc. All was going fine,
until just now! Whenever I open the worksheet, I get the error "macros
are disabled because the security level is set to high...". The
worksheet is then in design mode, and I can't take it out without
getting the same error again. It has always been set to high, I have
not created any macros (that I am aware of) - it seems to have got
itself in a bit of a mess! Has anyone seen this before or know of a
solution. My excel is version 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The ActiveX objects you've inserted from the Control Toolbox will require
that you set you macro security to at least medium to enable them to work.

Reset your macro security, turn off design mode and see if this doesn't fix
your problem.
--
Kevin Backmann

"steveh" wrote:

I have been working all day on a worksheet, using design mode to create
some simple check boxes and hidden fields etc. All was going fine,
until just now! Whenever I open the worksheet, I get the error "macros
are disabled because the security level is set to high...". The
worksheet is then in design mode, and I can't take it out without
getting the same error again. It has always been set to high, I have
not created any macros (that I am aware of) - it seems to have got
itself in a bit of a mess! Has anyone seen this before or know of a
solution. My excel is version 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not made any difference except that it tells me it contains macros, but
when I look at the macro list there are none there. I did insert a drop
down list, but I have since deleted it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The only way to not get the macro message is to set the security setting to
low. Are you getting a security message that has Security Warning in the
title bar and 3 option buttons ENABLE MACROS/DISABLE MACROS/MORE INFO, which
is what you'll get if you security level is medium.

Additionally, have you checked the workbook and all the worksheet modules to
verify that there isn't any code lingering about?
--
Kevin Backmann