Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Stuck in Design mode

The ActiveX objects you've inserted from the Control Toolbox will require
that you set you macro security to at least medium to enable them to work.

Reset your macro security, turn off design mode and see if this doesn't fix
your problem.
--
Kevin Backmann

"steveh" wrote:

I have been working all day on a worksheet, using design mode to create
some simple check boxes and hidden fields etc. All was going fine,
until just now! Whenever I open the worksheet, I get the error "macros
are disabled because the security level is set to high...". The
worksheet is then in design mode, and I can't take it out without
getting the same error again. It has always been set to high, I have
not created any macros (that I am aware of) - it seems to have got
itself in a bit of a mess! Has anyone seen this before or know of a
solution. My excel is version 2003.