Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with a simple macro.

I am beginner with excel so I am not even sure if this is a macro, but I am
trying to do the following (which I have seen on another spreadsheet).

Have a tool that allows me to click on it and move a bar my mouse up and
down to change the value of a particular cell with in a certain range. So,
for example, if I moved the bar to the top the cell would read 100, if I
moved it to the bottom it would read 0, middle 50 etc... I am sure this is
much easier to do than I think, just looking for help if anyone knows how to
do this! Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

no need to write any code.
rightclick a toolbar and enable the "Control Toolbox" toolbar.
on this bar click the control called "Scroll Bar", you should be able
to go to the spreadsheet now and place the control on it.
rightclick the control and go to properties: set the Maximum property
to 100, Minimum property to 0 and specify the Linked Cell property e.g
A1.
Now in the top left corner of the Control Toolbox toolbar there should
be a button that is presently selected and says Exit Design Mode when
the cursor is over it: hit this button.
Now try scrolling and hopefully the value in A1 should change with it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, you don't need a macro to do that.

Right click on the menu bar and select the forms toolbar

On the toolbar find the scrollbar control. Click on it, then rubberband an
area on your worksheet where you want the scrollbar.

Right click on the scrollbar and select format control

on the control tab, you can set the min and max values and the incremental
change value. You can also link it to a cell on the worksheet (this is
where the value will be displayed).

There is also a scrollbar control on the control toolbox toolbar. After you
place it, you can right click on it and select properties.

You can set these properties
Min
Max
SmallChange
LargeChange
LinkedCell

Tom Ogilvy

"hillyer" wrote in message
I am beginner with excel so I am not even sure if this is a macro, but I

am
trying to do the following (which I have seen on another spreadsheet).

Have a tool that allows me to click on it and move a bar my mouse up and
down to change the value of a particular cell with in a certain range. So,
for example, if I moved the bar to the top the cell would read 100, if I
moved it to the bottom it would read 0, middle 50 etc... I am sure this is
much easier to do than I think, just looking for help if anyone knows how

do this! Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is there a way to have a range of 0.75 to 1.50? It seems as if it does not
accept fractions/percentages/etc...

please help. thank you.