Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default inadvertently created loop

I have accidentally put in some code which I now cannot stop from running.
Can someone please help me.

How do I get into the script editor when a message box keeps coming up:

I can't even get in to post my code.

Please help me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thank you for the prompt reply. I have users trying to get into the file and
I'm holding up people from doing their job. That didn't work. Any other
suggestions?
I've tried the ctl key, but that doesn't work either.

HELP

"marianne" wrote in message
I have accidentally put in some code which I now cannot stop from running.
Can someone please help me.

How do I get into the script editor when a message box keeps coming up:

I can't even get in to post my code.

Please help me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try setting macro security to medium (Tools-Options-Security-Macro
security). When you open your spreadsheet, it will ask if you want to
enable or disable macros. Say disable. Then alt+F11 to into the editor
to fix it.

Len

marianne wrote:
I have accidentally put in some code which I now cannot stop from running.
Can someone please help me.

How do I get into the script editor when a message box keeps coming up:

I can't even get in to post my code.

Please help me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Implied in Tom's reply was that you would use the SHIFT key to
open the file without running the loop, and then *FIX THE CODE*.

Try pressing CTRL+BREAK while you're looping -- you should then
get a message box stating "Code Exaction Interrupted". Then go
into the VBA and fix the code.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson