Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Novice trying to call a web service using Excel 2003

I am trying to import the results of a web service into Excel 2003. However,
the user is able to change the parameters of the web service depending the
type of request. The goal is to perform this task without having the user
install any addition software on their side. I have looked at a couple of
approaches. First, manipulating the URL of the webservice and providing the
querystring with it and calling a querytable. This approach works, however
when the data is returned, it is not returned in a user friendly
presentation. The second method I have tried is using XMLImport. Used a
similiar approach as with querytables and manipulated the URL of the
webservice and performing the import. This works really well, in fact
returns the data in a user friendly presentation. The issue with this method
is that I cannot get the data to refresh, if the user changes the parameters
for the webservice.

XMLImport seems to be the better method of calling the web service, but how
do I or is it possible to have the data refresh upon user input?

Thank you in advance.