Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel for football

I use microsoft excel for work and school and in my personal life I use
it for my fantasy football league. With that being said this is what I
am trying to do:
- have a list of all nfl players in a sheet
- setup a draft board in a different sheet, or the same sheet it
doesn't matter
- enter players names into the draft board and have them disappear (or
be deleted, or get a strikethrough) from the list of all nfl players.

I am trying to eliminate the tedious task of entering the drafted
players into excel and then going to the sheet where I have all players
listed and finding the player I just entered, selecting the cell, and
then deleting the name. If anyone has any insight into what I can do
or if you need more of an explanation please feel free to email me at:

thank you for your time.

--
antserafin
antserafin's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Anthony,

This can be easily done using another column, eg if your lists are i
column A, enter the following in cell B2 of the "all NFL Players" shee
& copying it down:
=COUNTIF('Draft Board'!$A$1:$A$4,'All NFL Players'!A2)

Using conditional formatting directly is a little harder b/c if the
are on separate sheets but it can be done using a named range eg ente
this in cell A2 of the ALL NFL Players sheet:
=COUNTIF(DraftList,'All NFL Players'!A2)0
Where "draftlist" is a defined name that contains all of the cells i
the list on the "Draft Board".

sorry, am off to bed - hope I have included enough detail?

hth,
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience..

--
broro18
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3006