Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default how can i create a consecutively numbered form in excel

how can i create a consecutively numbered form in excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Possibly this page at JE McGimpsey's site:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

Tom Ogilvy

how can i create a consecutively numbered form in excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

This helped but I am mainly trying to have a single sheet print consecutive
numbers each time it prints out. I don't want it tied to each time I open the
file but each time I print the file. so if I print 300 copies I would like
each to be numbered diff.

how can i create a consecutively numbered form in excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan,
As far as I understand it, using the normal print dialog and setting number
of copies=300 will not permit to do what you want; Excel sends the print job
to the printer and tells it to print this 300 times. So you only have one
chance to change something in the _BeforePrint event; you do not get 300
_BeforePrint events. Maybe the printer has some sort of auto increment
feature, but then that is not within the control of Excel.

The alternative would be to set up you own print button/userform and call
the print routine the required number of times, incrementing the value in
the desired cell/range each time. This would of course be slower as you have
to create a new print job each time.

NickHK