Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiline Tooltip

Is there a simple way to get the tooltip in an Excel form to be multiline
or wrap? In my search I have seen very complex VB examples to simple add a
Chr(13), add HTML <BR to add a "|"... of which none of those worked.
Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks, Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about just putting a label over the control and that control in a frame.

Then when you mouse over the frame, it'll hide the label. But when you mouse
over the control, you'll show the label.

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Me.Label1.Visible = True
End Sub
Private Sub Frame1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Me.Label1.Visible = False
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

Excellent idea...

Thanks,
Rob

How a Tooltip can be displayed? amateur New Users to Excel 2 October 22nd 09 09:24 AM
Tooltip for my CommandButton LQs Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 2nd 05 10:53 AM
tooltip text Duraiswamy Lingappan Links and Linking in Excel 1 April 7th 05 07:51 AM
UDF tooltip Dave Excel Programming 2 April 26th 04 03:17 PM
Tooltip on lineshape Wouter Excel Programming 0 November 25th 03 05:31 PM