-   -   Multiline Tooltip (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/360335-multiline-tooltip.html)

RobC[_3_]

Multiline Tooltip

Is there a simple way to get the tooltip in an Excel form to be multiline
or wrap? In my search I have seen very complex VB examples to simple add a
Chr(13), add HTML <BR to add a "|"... of which none of those worked.
Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks, Rob

Dave Peterson

Multiline Tooltip

How about just putting a label over the control and that control in a frame.

Then when you mouse over the frame, it'll hide the label. But when you mouse
over the control, you'll show the label.

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Me.Label1.Visible = True
End Sub
Private Sub Frame1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Me.Label1.Visible = False
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson