Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems with calendar control

In my work office (XP professional) my vba code works perfectly,
however at home (XP home edition) with a number of actions (like
entering a new name for a cell) I get the message that the
"Microsoft Windows Common Controls 2-6.0 SP-4" is absent in the
library, and that I should add
MSCOMCT2.OCX.

I did some preliminary research and found that the reason could be the
calendar control I included in the file. (all the other controls are
very basic from the standard toolbox, like command buttons and combo
boxes).
I don't want to have any exotic controls in my file, because my file
will be used by people worldwide and I don't want error risks. That's
why I removed this calendar control. However, the problem persists,
with certain actions it still keeps asking for this library file, and
even none of the controls on the sheet which included the calendar
control works anymore.

Please some advice on how to permanently remove any calendar control
references.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in the vbe with your workbook as the active project, did you go to
tools=references and uncheck any references you don't want?

Tom Ogilvy

"Wim" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The reference I don't want is precisely the one I can't uncheck. It's
the ""Microsoft Windows Common Controls 2-6.0 SP-4". When I try to
remove this reference I get the message that that's not possible
because it's in use.

That puzzles me, because I don't have any exotic control in my file
anymore.

Any other suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When I have problems like that, i use the immediate window to execute code
to remove it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Wim" wrote in message
ups.com...
The reference I don't want is precisely the one I can't uncheck. It's
the ""Microsoft Windows Common Controls 2-6.0 SP-4". When I try to
remove this reference I get the message that that's not possible
because it's in use.

That puzzles me, because I don't have any exotic control in my file
anymore.

Any other suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems with DTPicker

I didn't manage to solve the problem. I thought simply deleting the
control would help, but there still appears to be some reference in my
file, because it asks me to create an instance of the DTPicker. I
managed to delete it in an older file though.

Reading other problem shooting sites, I have the impression that the
DTpicker is not so obvious to work with, you need to register it and
all, it doesn't work smoothly in excel sheets etc. (size changes etc.)
I can probably make it all right for my own file with extra code and
registering it, but I don't dare sending the file as such to the other
side of the world. Too risky.

Thanks anyway for your help Tom.