Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Downloading historical stock data from MSN Money to Excel via VBA

Currently, I can manually download historical stock data from MSN Money in an
Excel spreadsheet by first displaying the chart for the stock, and then
selecting "File - Export Data". Previously, I was able to achieve this via
an Excel VBA macro using the following web query URL:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/scripts/...&FileDownload=

However, MSN had changed the URL during one of their site upgrades and the
above URL no longer works (and I suspect some or all of the parameters have
changed as well). Does anyone know what the new URL is? Basically, I want
to be able to download historical stock data via an Excel VBA macro as if I
were doing it manually via the site's chart module (File - Export Data).

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alix,

I have a small program for Stocks(Yahoo). If you want I can send it to
you.

Remove the spam.

--
Charles
Charles's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Downloading historical stock data from MSN Money to Excel via

Charles,

Actually, I am currently downloading my historical data from Yahoo.
However, I've noticed that Yahoo doesn't have historical data for certain
sector indices (e.g. ^DDX - Disk Drive Index) while MSN does ($DDX.X).
That's why I'm interested in getting my MSN web query URL working again ...

Thanks for your offer.
-Alex